27 Sep Local Number Portability Supervisor
Local Number Portability Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Operations – Network Management Center
JOB TITLE: LNP Supervisor
REPORTING TO: NOC Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DATE PREPARED: September 2022
The LNP Supervisor will be responsible for supervising a team of specialists who port requests for both Saddleback and Reinvent. This role oversees and processes all LNP requests from the Resellers, customers, and other carriers, and is responsible for tracking all Port-in and Port-out orders. The LNP Supervisor’s additional responsibilities include ensuring all port orders are submitted to the porting partners accurately, that port orders are tracked and managed appropriately by their team members, that any issues that may impact Firm Order Commitment (FOC) dates are addressed in a timely manner, and to be an escalation resource for trouble resolution both internally and externally. This role supervises the day-to-day LNP functions, to include scheduling and coordinating daily workload for the LNP Specialists, reviewing and assigning work orders and assisting in the workflow of the Local Number Portability (LNP) team. Prepares performance appraisals for LNP Specialists and completes continuous performance evaluation and review process. Works with the LNP Department in the evaluation of resumes, interviewing and hiring of staff. Approves all requests for vacation and overtime for direct reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages staff workload, tracks and assigns new orders as needed
- Manages staff to ensure all work orders are worked and closed in a timely manner.
- Assist with the evaluation of new process for LNP
- Assist in the training of new personnel.
- Works special projects assigned by the Manager of Network Operations.
- Reviews all ports daily for accuracy to ensure timelines are being met and escalates issues to appropriate parties.
- Works with customers and resellers on project ports and to resolve complex errors with port orders.
- Identifies, coaches and advises reseller partners who are having troubles with the port orders or process.
- Coaches LNP Specialists on process, conflict resolution and general guidance.
- Obtains Letter of Authorization (LOA), Bill Copies, and Customer Service Record (CSR) if available to assist with port request.
- If CSR is available, verifies and validates CSRs to ensure all of the numbers to be ported are reflected.
- Prepares Number Porting orders utilizing carrier applications and carrier interfaces.
- Resolves order rejects in a timely manner; escalates as needed.
- Manages the numbers obtained from Dash/Bandwidth.
- Performs number pooling and allocation to resellers, including obtaining the numbers.
- Processes and updates orders in RPP database.
- Approves payroll and time off requests for direct reports.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Five (5-7) or more years of direct experience in Local Number Portability, back office/general office or Customer Service is required.
- Must have five (5-7) or more years of direct supervisory or management experience or equivalent.
- Customer Service – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to internal/external customers, building relationships, identifying and addressing needs.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated, passionate and creative team-player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
- Communication – able to effectively and persuasively express self, using language and grammar in a professional manner.
- Organization & Time Management – able to work independently with minimal supervision, planning, scheduling and organizing professional schedule to complete actions within established deadlines, handling multiple priorities with strong attention to detail.
- Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, react swiftly to and able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid growth environment.
- Systems & Software – proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications.
- Typing/computer keyboard
- Verbal communication
- Utilize computer software (specified above)
- Written communication
- Retrieve and compile information
- Maintain records/logs
- Research, analyze and interpret information
- Verify data and information
- Investigate, evaluate, recommend action
- Organize and prioritize information/tasks
- Leadership and supervisory, managing people
- Operate office equipment
- Basic mathematical concepts (e.g. add, subtract)
- Advanced mathematical concepts (fractions, decimals, ratios, percentages, graphs)
- Abstract mathematical concepts (interpolation, inference, frequency, reliability, formulas, equations, statistics)
- Sitting for extended periods
- Extended periods viewing computer screen
- Repetitive Motions
- Normal office environment
Saddleback is an “Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.” Preference will be given to a qualified Community Member, then a qualified Native American and then other qualified candidate.