18 May VOIP Service Engineer
VoIP Service Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Operations – Network Management
JOB TITLE: Network Engineer II
REPORTING TO: Director of Network Management
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
DATE PREPARED: March 2020
The VoIP Service Engineer will increase customer satisfaction by providing technical, product and application support for SIP and UCaaS services. Working closely with Sales Support, Customer Service, Reseller/Partners, Customers, and technology partners, the VoIP Service Engineer will assist in VoIP solution support, application and implementation support. The VoIP Service Engineer will support VoIP/SIP product and application and feature development, working closely with technology partners and product development to research and test solutions to solve customer issues. In constant communication with Resellers, the VoIP Service Engineer will train, inform, and educate them on wholesale services, technology enhancements and assist on implementation problems and assist with solutions. Likewise, educating and documenting common issues in implementation and troubleshooting techniques to enhance the wholesale partners ability to be better educated, trained, consistent and self-sufficient.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports Resellers with best-practices, development of troubleshooting processes and documentation.
- Creates technical presentations in person or via UC Max and assists in post-sales Engineering.
- Provides ongoing technical and provisioning training and educates Resellers on products, features, processes and essential resources.
- Researches, organizes and updates Knowledge Base, technical and process documentation required by VoIP services.
- Assists in design and enhancements to wholesale processes and automation.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships to achieve reseller satisfaction.
- Identifies trends in issues that may affect reseller satisfaction levels and consistently communicates them to management in measurable terms.
- Serve as an escalation point for issues that impact the reseller’s success and work with internal teams to drive resolution.
- Conduct Operational Review meetings with the reseller.
- Familiar with a variety of the partner’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Responsible for continuing education on the platform and underlying technologies.
- Transfer industry, technical, and product knowledge to internal and external teams.
- Develop advanced system configurations and implementations at the partner level in response to partner needs and requirements.
- Assist NMC and SE teams with hardware and software lab testing.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Five (5) years of experience in VoIP Telephony system configuration and implementation in a commercial service provider or interconnect environment is required.
- Two (2) years of experience configuring and provisioning hosted VoIP solutions in a soft switch platform. Experience with Metaswitch platform is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of IP configurations, LAN, VLAN, IAD and firewall set-up is required.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of cloud-based services including hosted VoIP PBX and SIP trunking is required.
- Must demonstrate a broad and in-depth understanding of VoIP Telephony business applications.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of PSTN, PRI, Trunks, POTs and other associated voice technologies is required.
- Customer Service – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to internal and external customer base, building relationships with IT provider and other related vendors.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated, passionate and creative team-player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships at all levels within and external to the organization.
- Communication – able to effectively and persuasively express self verbally and in writing, using correct language and grammar in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Organization & Time Management – able to work independently with minimal supervision and a high degree of self-motivation and self-direction. Able to plan, schedule and organize professional schedule to complete actions within established deadlines, handling multiple priorities with strong attention to detail in a high-pressured environment.
- Project Management – able to prepare a plan that achieves stated objectives, establish and meet project deadlines, modify plan to reflect changing priorities and successfully complete project.
- Systems & Software – proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications, including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Typing/computer keyboard
- Verbal communication
- Utilize computer software (specified above)
- Written communication
- Retrieve and compile information
- Public speaking/group presentations
- Maintain records/logs
- Research, analyze and interpret information
- Verify data and information
- Investigate, evaluate, recommend action
- Organize and prioritize information/tasks
- Operate office equipment
- Basic mathematical concepts (e.g. add, subtract)
- Advanced mathematical concepts (fractions, decimals, ratios, percentages, graphs)
- Sitting for extended periods
- Lifting/carrying up to 20 pounds various items
- Extended periods viewing computer screen
- Repetitive Motions
- Normal office environment
Saddleback is an “Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.” Preference will be given to a qualified Community Member, then a qualified Native American and then other qualified candidate.