14 May Network Engineer II
Network Engineer II
DEPARTMENT: Operations – Network Management
JOB TITLE: Network Engineer II
REPORTING TO: Director of Network Management
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
DATE PREPARED: February 2020
The Network Engineer II oversees all WAN/MAN/LAN infrastructure, deployment, maintenance and monitoring of active networking hardware. The position maintains switches and routers. The Network Engineer II maintains network security, identifying and resolving vulnerabilities and assists the Senior Engineer in designs of physical and logical layer networks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installs, maintains and evaluates network systems and communications.
- Troubleshoots the most network issues.
- Works on advanced, complex technical projects
- Installs, configures and maintains Local Area Networks, Servers and manages Active Directory and its users, both on-premises and in the Azure Cloud.
- Deploys, maintains and monitors active networking hardware, maintaining the functionality and data integrity of networking infrastructure.
- Troubleshoots desktop/laptop hardware and software.
- Creates and maintains internal and external Web Servers and web content and administers spam/firewall hardware appliances.
- Administers Office 365 (Exchange) and SharePoint online.
- Installs, configures and maintains Microsoft Server 2012R2, 2012, 2008 and Linux.
- Installs, configures and maintains Hyper-V, including High Availability.
- Installs, configures and maintains Blade and SAN infrastructure.
- Installs, configures and maintains DPM 2012.
- Installs, configures and maintains DNS Servers.
- Installs and configures routers and switches in-house and at customer sites, including Adtran and Cisco devices.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree of computer science, or engineering or its equivalent. Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCIE certifications a plus.
- Five (5) years of experience and extensive knowledge of Internet, computer, routers, switches, firewall, etc.
- Five (5) years of experience with server architecture installation and maintenance and website development as well as building, upgrading, and troubleshooting desktop and laptop computers is required.
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS, Microsoft Server Operating Systems, Linux, Java and Flash is preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience performing installation, configuration, and deployment of WAN and LAN networking hardware, including the configuration and implementation of Routers, Switches and Firewalls.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Server Editions, Linux, Microsoft SharePoint Server, Office 365 and Microsoft System Center.
- Demonstrated experience with several software applications. Metaswitch Explorer and Calix CMS are preferred, along with proven knowledge of Layer 1 & 2 Telecommunications infrastructure.
- Customer Service – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to targeted customer base/market, building relationships and acting as internal company advocate.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated, passionate and creative team-player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
- Communication – able to effectively and persuasively express self verbally and in writing, using correct language and grammar in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Organization & Time Management – able to work independently with minimal supervision, planning, scheduling and organizing professional schedule to complete actions within established deadlines, handling multiple priorities with strong attention to detail.
- Creative Thinking – able to demonstrate conceptual creative thinking, taking an idea and visualize/describe the opportunity, then recognize the potential fit with culture and product lines.
- Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, react swiftly to and able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid growth environment.
- Systems & Software – proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications.
- Typing/computer keyboard
- Verbal communication
- Utilize computer software (specified above)
- Written communication
- Retrieve and compile information
- Maintain records/logs
- Research, analyze and interpret information
- Verify data and information
- Investigate, evaluate, recommend action
- Organize and prioritize information/tasks
- Operate office equipment
- Basic mathematical concepts (e.g. add, subtract)
- Advanced mathematical concepts (fractions, decimals, ratios, percentages, graphs)
- Abstract mathematical concepts (interpolation, inference, frequency, reliability, formulas, equations, statistics)
- Sitting for extended periods
- Standing for extended periods
- Lifting/carrying more than 20 pounds various items
- Extended periods viewing computer screen
- Repetitive Motions
- Normal office environment
- Electrical current
Saddleback is an “Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.” Preference will be given to a qualified Community Member, then a qualified Native American and then other qualified candidate.
- Will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check. Employees are subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
- Not an Under-Fill position.
- Insurability: Must meet the SRPMIC insurance standards.